Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture, NTNU
AKTUELT / 22.02.21
The Department of Architecture and Planning at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology has a vacancy within the field of landscape architecture
About the position
This full-time position is part of a strategic initiative to strengthen the teaching and research in landscape architecture at the department. A key element will be the interface between landscape architecture, architecture, urbanism, and planning. The position reports to the Head of Department.
Duties of the position
- Offer courses and contribute to the development of learning methods that will strengthen the Master’s Programme in Architecture and the Master’s Programme in Physical Planning.
- Contributions to the Master’s Programme in Urban Ecological Planning and the Master’s Programme in Real Estate and Facilities Management.
- Tutoring and lecturing in design courses and theory courses at all levels of the Master’s Programmes mentioned above, e.g. in AAR4365 Arkitektur 5 By- og tettstedsforming and AAR4845 Landskapsanalyse.
- Supervision of PhD candidates.
- Combining teaching with relevant landscape design and research, either scientific or practice-based.
The position provides excellent opportunities for professional experimentation, in-depth studies and reflection in an academic environment characterized by the underlying values of trust, collaboration, responsibility and quality. The employed person will be essential in developing the field of landscape architecture at the department and the faculty.
Required selection criteria
The position of Associate Professor within Landscape Architecture requires that you meet the criteria in the Regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts section 1-4.
Relevant candidates for the position must also be able to document the following:
- Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, or equivalent education.
- Practice of landscape architecture at a high international level in the form of realized landscape projects and/or participation in landscape architecture competitions.
- Proficiency in English.
Preferred selection criteria
- A completed fellowship programme of artistic development within the field of Landscape Architecture is preferred. A doctoral degree or equivalent in Landscape Architecture may cover part of the qualification requirements but cannot replace the requirement for documented architectural practice.
- Innovative capabilities in the design and production of landscape architecture.
- Good overview of the field and ability to conduct reflected, analytical and critical subject-matter discussions with students and colleagues
- Competence on the natural environment, ecological matters, and sustainable urban development, as well as a strong concern about how the practice of landscape architecture can amend nature loss and climate change
You can find more information about working at NTNU and the application process here.
The application with CV, certificates and references must be submitted via jobbnorge.no. Applicants invited to interviews must bring along certified copies of references and certificates.
Application deadline: 31.03.2021
Read the full job description and apply at www.jobbnorge.no
Ugens nordiske nyhed
Danske Landskabsarkitekter ønsker Emily Wade stort tillykke som tiltrådt professor på SLU
Online konference: Bæredygtigt byggeri - en dynamisk dagsorden
Green Building Council Denmarks afholder gratis konference den 10. marts, der sætter fokus på de nye DGNB 2020 manualer for nybyg, eksisterende byggeri og byområder