The Association of Danish Landscape Architects (DL) is an organization of interests with influence in a number of professional organizations, ministries and grassroots associations. We actively participate in the political debate, where we work to make our work as landscape architects more visible. We create a framework for networks and activities that enhance your professional development.
We currently have about 800 members, of which 200 are students. Everyone must use the title ‘landscape architect’. But only graduated landscape architects with a membership at DL may add MDL to its title. Student members from respectively Copenhagen Univesitet and the School of Architecture in Copenhagen and Aarhus may add the title stud.hort.arch.MDL or stud.arch.MDL.
Members of the association fill various positions; municipal or state, project planning or in operation and management. The workplaces include in private drawing rooms, in administrations, in cemeteries, in housing companies and in teaching or research.
Danish Landscape Architects takes care of the members’ professional interests, regardless of the work of the landscape architect.
In corporation with Danish Association of Architects we publish the highly esteemed magazine Landskab which has English photo captions and summary. You can subscribe for the magazine Landskab here. Read more details here and free download of older issues from 1920 – 2017 here.
We cooperate with Landscape Architects’ Association under JA, Danish Association of Architectural Firms, the Park and Nature Managers, the Association of Architects and Designers, Danish Gardeners, Danish Association of Architects, The Danish Town Planning Institute and Danish Lighting Center. The collaboration contributes to an individual and shared strength, and the diversity of professionalism increases.
We are part of the joint ‘Nordic Board’; a forum for landscape architectural associations. Outside the Nordic region, the association participates in international cooperation such as the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA).
Find the association’s statutes here (only in Danish)
Students and graduates from the following programs can become a member of DL:
- University of Copenhagen:
- The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Schools of Architecture:
- Aarhus School of Architecture:
- A foreign education equivalent to the above and approved by the International Federation of Landscape Architects
You have the option of becoming a member if you worked as a landscape architect for a minimum of two years. Send your CV and examination papers to: email@example.com
Download a list of our members here: Membershiplist
Become a member: Registration form
Read more about our QUARTERLY MEMBERSHIP FEE here: Membership fee
- Network – As a member you are part of a strong association of colleagues, professionals and collaborators.
- News – We ensure that you are kept updated with the latest news in the profession via newsletters, events, excursions and the magazine ‘Landskab’ that has English photo captions and summary.
- Influence – As a member you have a great opportunity of asserting influence on the organization and on the political agenda for the profession.
- Title MDL – A protected title and a professional seal of quality of you as a landscape architect.
- In addition, you receive a member’s discount on books, magazines and courses.
There are plenty of opportunities to improve your competences as a landscape architect. DL arranges courses, lectures, field trips and conferences on various themes ranging from improving your computer skills to park- and garden tours. Events are updated regularly – look under “AKTUELT”
Do you have suggestions for events that may be of interest to the members? Please mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Several other organisations offer courses particularly for landscape architects:
- Employees include playground planning, design and digital imaging.
- Note: Reduced course fee for DL members.
- Read more: Akademisk Arkitektforening – Kurser & Karriere
University of Copenhagen
- The faculty offers master’s degrees and single courses.
- Read more: Københavns Universitet efter- og videreuddannelse
School of Architecture:
- School of Architecture offers master’s degrees and individual courses and cooperate with the Architects Association’s continuing education secretariat.
- Read more: Kunstakademiets Arkitektskole – efteruddannelse
Aarhus School of Architecture:
- Continuing postgraduate education at Aarhus School of Architecture.
- Read more: Arkitektskolen Aarhus – efteruddannelse
See a list of offices here
Ledige stillinger hos RUBOW arkitekter
2 landskabsarkitekter søges, heraf én med erfaring for team koordinering, til RUBOW arkitekter - Landskab & Bystrategi
God sommer fra sekretariatet
Danske Landskabsarkitekters sekretariat går på sommerferie fra den 23. juli til og med den 15. august